Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Thursday, May 21, 2009

"THAT" SCENE FROM JERRY MAGUIRE

For the last few weeks this particular scene from Jerry Maguire has been playing in my head. It happens almost the exact same time each day. I’m walking out of my apartment in the morning heading toward Caltech and like clockwork, there it is. Jerry Maguire and Rod Tidwell having a conversation about, well, life shall we say. They are both frustrated at each other for a variety of reasons and then Jerry Maguire breaks out this to Rod Tidwell …

“… here's why you don't have your ten million yet. Right now, you are a paycheck player. You play with your head, not your heart. In your personal life - (points to chest) Heart. But when you get on that field -- it's all about what you didn't get, who's to blame, who under threw the pass, who's got the contract you don't, who's not giving you your love. Well, that is not what inspires people. That's not what inspires people. Shut up. Play the game. Play it from your heart. And you know what? I will show you the "kwan." I'm sorry, but that's the truth. Can you handle it? Just a question Rod. Between friends. YOU KNOW?”

Not sure where to take that quote from here but, for whatever this two minute scene is played out in my head on a seemingly daily basis. Maybe I’m “playing” life right now for the wrong reasons? Maybe I just like the idea of influencing well? Maybe I should just go watch Jerry Maguire? Who knows for sure but this scene is floating around in my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home