Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Thursday, August 04, 2005

JEWISH WAY OF THINKING


Over the last month or so I've been more intrigued (for lack of a better word) about the Jewish way of thinking and most specifically the Torah. Well, it all really started around Christmas while I was listening to Ray Vanderlaan's "On This Rock" sermon at Willow Creek. Then my friend Blair Carlstrom gives me this book called "Jewish Spirituality: A Brief Introduction for Christians" and I am really blown back by some of the stuff.

The books general challenge is to see the world and the way you live it through a "new lens" and re-shape how you view the world. It seems that a majority of the people do a quick read of the bible and never really think deeply about it. I love how this book just has no fear about questioning the Who, What, When, Where, Why about the bible. There is just so much more there than just words on page, there are stories behind it so why no explore it ... you know?!?!

I HIGHLY recommend picking this book up for anyone who wants to have their mind messed with! It's an easy read with some amazing challenges! More over, I started this book at 3:30 a.m. and I was wide awake while reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home