Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

JEREMIAH'S COMPLAINT

So, check out this passage from Jeremiah 20:7-9 which titled "Jeremiah's Complaint" (from the NIV):

7 O LORD, you deceived me, and I was deceived; you overpowered me and prevailed. I am ridiculed all day long; everyone mocks me.
8 Whenever I speak, I cry out proclaiming violence and destruction. So the word of the LORD has brought me insult and reproach all day long.
9 But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.

What an amazing passage of scripture. All Jeremiah wants to do is complain about the "stuff" going on in his life and be angry. Yet God will not let him because when Jeremiah gets angry and mad, God brings him insult and reproach. But when he tries to remain silent, so God won't do anything to him, he can not hold it in because God's love is so powerful.

So I wonder how many times in my life I have complained about something that was basically meaningless instead of focusing on love and grace or mercy?

God's love is certainly inside of me everyday but am I pushing it back down or letting it explode out? It just isn't worth being bitter ... Just thought I would share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home