Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

PIZZA AND LATTE

Last weekend I spent Saturday afternoon in Columbia, MO at a wedding for one of my best friends from college. It was my third visit to the town in middle of the "Show Me State" and each time I go, I can't help but want to go back. It's becoming my favorite "small town" that I have ever visited for two reasons ...

- The best pizza shop outside of Chicago. Shakespeare's Pizza is outstanding. Everything is made fresh right in front of you. I highly recommend trying the wheat dough. The atmosphere is great as well.

- The best latte I have ever had at Lakota Coffee Company. In addition their small size wasn't small and it wasn't expensive either. I might have been influenced by the Bruce Springsteen playing in the backround.

Aside from the fact that their is much more to life than pizza and coffee, this town is great. A nice downtown area, hiking trails (I recommend the Devils Cavern Trail!), friendly people, nice golf courses. The only downside to Columbia is the University of Missouri is there but I could get over that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home