Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Sunday, November 12, 2006

BABEL

"If you want to be understood ... Listen"

Three days later, I am still not sure what I think of this movie.

In any given year I only go to about 4 or 5 movies. I was very intrigued about going to see "Babel" from the moment I saw the first trailer. (See Trailer)

There is no doubt in my mind that the concept for this movie is brilliant. It is taken from the passage in Genesis 11:1-9 and essentially lets that "play out" over the next 2 1/2 hours. However, never once is the passage mentioned in the movie. (Maybe it is suppose to be understood from the trailer.)

About half way through the film I was kind bored but yet too intrigued to leave. That and I paid $6.00 so I might as well stay. Yet there is no doubt that my curiousity kept me engaged with the film. I also found myself comparing it to the movie "Crash" on some levels but really the two movies are different however, still the same. I know it sounds weird but if you have seen both maybe you understand were I am coming from.

I feel like I want to see this movie again because I feel like there was so much going on that I missed. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those movies that gets lots of Oscar buzz because of the creative way it was put together. I love anything that has good creativity and if this movie has one thing, it is very creative.

If you appreciate art and you are not afraid of thinking. This movie is for you. If you like mindless stuff, then don't see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home