Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Sunday, November 26, 2006

MUSIC SELECTION

Over the past few weeks I have purchased a few CD's for my collections, so let me give you a few of my thoughts:

AWAKE - Josh Groban

Another amazing effort. I don't know how this guy just keeps on producing his amazing albums but he just does. I might be bias but his voice is probably the best of my generation (although Justin Timberlake is a close second - HA!). Of his three studio this one doesn't quite measure up to the other two. With that being said I think he is allowed an A- effort after back-to-back A+ albums. Just three months to his Feb. 24 concert in Chicago!

Should you buy it? -- If you like music at it's most pure then you must!

HOW TO SAVE A LIFE - The Fray

I must admit that I went and saw their concert as well as met the lead singer Isaac Slade before buying this album. Kind of dumb on my part. After being pleasantly surprised after the concert I finally laid down $10.00 (or so) to buy the album. While it probably won't win any Grammy it's a great album from start to finish. Certainly the first two singles are outstanding but the other 10 songs are very good as well. Fairly thought provoking lyrics. Good driving music as well!

Should you buy it? -- If you like bands like Goo Goo Dolls, James Blunt and such then you would most likely enjoy this album!

EYES OPEN - Snow Patrol

I still remember were I was the first time I heard the first three songs of this album - Borders Bookstore in downtown Boulder, CO in late May. This is album is pretty solid. Probably one or two songs that I really don't care for but overall what an amazing collections of songs. At least for me, "Chasing Cars" is one of the best songs of the year. Gary Lightbody has perfect vocals for the type music they produce. These guys are onto something big.

Should you buy it? -- If you like Keane, John Mayer and the Fray then this album is a must have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home