Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Friday, December 08, 2006

NOTRE DAME 99, #4 ALABAMA 85

Heading into the game on Thursday evening I really thought Notre Dame was going to win. After the first 10 minutes or so I did have some serious doubts but, none the less the Irish won one of the most exciting college basketball games I have ever witnessed for a few reasons:

1) Russell Carter (pictured) played out of his mind. Every now and then you see an athlete pick up his play and make everyone else better. His effort last night was a great example of that!

2) The energy in the arena was electric. The last few years ND hoops has been kind of down so the crowds have been dull but last night from the moment I walked in, there was something a little extra from the crowd. Anytime the home team can rush the court, there's some fun and excitement in the stands!

3) Jaw Dropping Plays. I can't count the number of times I shook my head in disbelief over what just transpired on the court. There were at least three oustanding dunks, numerous three-point plays, reserve lay-ups and a 6-7, 250 lbs. white guy running the fast break late the game. Outstanding stuff!

4) The throwback jerseys. The Irish came out in uniforms that were replicated from the 1978 team that went to the Final 4. Nice Look!

5) I was tired. Maybe it was the late 9 p.m. tip-off but very rarely, if ever, do I get tired from keeping basketball stats. After the game I was freakin wiped-out! So much action, so much energy and so many stats to keep!

After the game coach Brey said he would put last night's game in the top four games he has ever been apart of. For a guy that has coached for 20-plus years, not to mention a few of them as an assistant at Duke, that's saying something!

1 Comments:

  • I can get behind anyone who was with the Duke University; "the University of North Carolina by the way", and that was an exciting game. I caught some clips the next day.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home