Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Friday, July 20, 2007

RUNNING WEEK

The past week, in addition to tennis camp at SMC, I decided to run everyday. It was the first time I can remember running everyday of the week since usually I bike on at least one occasion (usually two) during a given week.

I was pretty pumped after running my first 20-plus mile week in my life since normally I hovered around the 15-17 mile mark. Here's how it went:

Monday - 4.5 miles
Tuesday - 3.75 miles
Wednesday - 4.5 miles
Thursday - 3.75 miles
Friday - 6.5 miles

Total Miles: 23

I was pretty pumped to run that far in those five days. The more I was thinking about it during my run on Friday (which was a tough run) it kind of made me sick to think that I still would have to run 3.2 miles to reach full marathon length AND then do that mileage in just one run. Yikes!

None the less, I'm inching closer to the possibility of doing a half-marathon within the next year. I just don't want to do an event like that without the realistic goal of finishing in less than two hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home