Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Saturday, December 15, 2007

I AM LEGEND

There is just something about Will Smith and saving the world. First there was Independence Day, then Men in Black followed by I, Robot. Plus, don't forget about Hitch were Smith saves all dumb men every were trying to impress the ladies ;-) Anyway ...



I was pumped for this movie when I saw the first trailer back in June even when I had no idea what the movie was really about. The whole idea of human zombies didn't appeal to me at first but I wanted to see this movie. I'm not one for being scared a movie. The whole horror genre just doesn't do it for me.


Yet this movie was very little about horror and more about suspense. There were a fair amount of suspenseful moments through out that definitely got my heart pumping but never in a "stupid horror way" (say like Freedy or Jason, etc.).

The performance that Will Smith gives is really good. The film is about 75% him and him only (kind of like Tom Hanks in Castaway). For going mostly solo he gives a very nice performance. I never got bored watching the film and in fact the movie felt like it went quickly even though it's about 1 hour, 45 minutes long.

Seeing New York City completely void of life was quite amazing. The special effects guys definitely did an outstanding job in making the city as lifeless as possible. Very impressive effort.

It would be interesting to find out how close to movie resembles the book that Robert Matheson wrote about 50 years. The ending felt a little rushed and some what odd. There wasn't much closure and it's like they were setting up a sequel.

Overall, a very good movie to watch. I'd say about a 7.0 on a scale of 10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home