Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

SHOPPPING

It's Dec. 11. Does anyone else out there feel lost about what gifts to get for the people on your list?

Every year this happens to me. I can buy any gift and wrap it up and say "Merry Christmas" with smile but I want to buy a gift that actually will be used and enjoyed. A gift that the one who is getting it will actually be grateful for it. On top of that I try to be unique in my gift giving. Even though I have failed at this attempt many times, I feel that risking at some level of being unique is necessary.

There's always gift cards but those are a last minute resort. I could try a book yet I've gone down that route before and need something new for 2008. It is almost like the challenge of looking for a "perfect" gift is what drives me more than anything else. Besides last minute shopping is more fun anyway!

... 13 days of shopping left til Christmas

2 Comments:

  • A unique gift? Things that come from the heart are the best ones. Try plain and simple homemade gifts. They are the ones that you know are special.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:41 PM  

  • It is a hard paradigm to break but limmiting gift to only true heartfelt things that can not be reciprocated is a great thing.

    By Blogger Ryan, at 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home