Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

RUNNING FORWARD

There's no doubt that 2007 was a breakout year for me in terms of my running efforts. About three years ago I started running on treadmills on consistent basis but nothing real serious. You know two or three miles at a time but nothing like this past year.


I ended up running a total of six races and a triathlon with the highlight, by far, was finishing a half-marathon in Grand Rapids. Since June 1 I have officially tallied 615.75 miles on my two legs. I was pretty pleased with all that but there's more to be achieved.


In 2008 I am hoping to complete two marathons and be in position to qualify for he Boston Marathon in early 2009. To qualify for that I need to run a marathon in 3:10.59. Another way of looking at it is this -- less than 15% of males who ran a marathon in 2007 ran the 26.2 in that time. However, I really don't believe I am that far off from accomplishing that time as long as I stay healthy AND disciplined!


I'd also like to log more than 1,000 miles in 2008 and really trying to finish among the top three in my age group on a more consistant basis. After earning a top three finish once last year, I'd certainly like to make that more common place.


There are some mornings when I'm out there on the roads and sidewalks and I really wonder what in the world am I doing. Everyone has there niche and, well, I'm really enjoying it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home