Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

PAINTBALL

I must admit that I was fairly apprehensive about my first paintball experience. Excited as well but mostly apprehensive.

After the first game, I had no idea why I felt that way. It was an absolute blast. The Tim Towne bachlor party ended up playing seven different games on four different courses. Some of the best fun I have had this year.

The one thing that really caught me off guard was how fast the paint filled balls come at you. They definitely go fast enough to break the skin and cause bleeding. Fortunately I didn't experience that "fun" first hand.

Of those seven games I was only hit three times. Not bad for a first timer I'd say. On the flip side I believe I knocked individuals out of the game on six or seven occasions. Not too bad either.

If there is one downside to paintball, it is kind of expensive. Certainly not something I'd do every weekend or even once a month but every now and then won't break the bank.

One piece of advice for anyone who is going paintballing - don't do a 60+ minute workout prior to playing. It's a bad idea. Your body will not like you the next day. The energy you put out in playing just one game is pretty substantial (that is if you play to win). Adding a work out prior to that; just not a good idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home