Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Friday, July 25, 2008

IN RECOGNITION OF ...

My experiences in South Bend have been filled with so many positive memories, life changing moments, experiences filled with heartache but most importantly people who have touched my life. And to each of you, I say the following …

… Aaron Preston -- your constant smile and companionship goes farther with me than you will ever know. Be sure to stay teachable through out life!

… Amber Heatherly – thanks for all the questions and the thought provoking moments we’ve had. Thanks for all the lattes at the Beanery too!! ;-)

… Andy Gregar – we’ve shared some fun and unique experiences. Meeting Isaac Slade and, of course who could forget, pandaquake! Thanks for your insight and positive attitude.

… Angie Qualey – putting up with me must have been like a full-time job and because of your grace, you have taught me a lot. You deserve nothing but the best as you advance the Kingdom of God.

… Blair Carlstrom – my friend you have changed my life forever in such a positive way. Need I say more? I certainly could but I’ll just stop there.

… Cara Mclemore – how many great conversation have we had? Too many to count! Your journey is a thing of beauty and please be sure continue to search and question for what God has in-store for you.

… Charissa Seitz – you have a great attitude and a hunger for life that is rarely seen! Keep on serving those who need your help!

… Corey Mann – thanks for allowing me to talk music with you! Remember to risk something everyday!

… Dan Geans – you are a great Barnes and Noble buddy! Never be afraid to buy a girl some hot chocolate because you never know will it will lead – ha!!

… Jon Anderstrom – where ever you might be in the world right now I know that you are advancing the Kingdom … Rock on my friend!

… Jeanna “Teach” Miller -- you really are my first friend in South Bend! Who ever thought that a Sunday night in the middle of November in the Carlstrom basement would evolve into our unique relationship? Thanks for allowing me to build into you and even a bigger “Thanks” for putting up with my crazy ways.

… Jeanna Tripp – thanks for the running conversations and my crazy thoughts during our trip to India!

… Jen “Seitz” Gregar – your constant encouragement and great attitude meant more to me then you may ever know! Thanks for all the smiles!!

… Jen Gregar – hopefully your coffee addiction will subside and you can stay awake through the day! Thanks for all the planning and the smiles.

… John Pauley and Dr. John Pauley – thanks for the YouTube moments and the burritos! Dr. – thanks for the free advice during my visits to your office.

… Katie Matchette – who would have thought an Easter party would have blossomed into such a great friendship. Thanks for all the free meals too!

… Laura Kagarise – keep running toward all your goals and hopes of life! Thanks for your craziness that made so many people laugh!

… Kagasie (Dan & Karen) – your willingness to have an open home and a tender-hearted nature was very inspiring!

… Kevin Coates – you are man seeking God’s heart and that was very exciting to watch and it had such a positive impact of me as well as many others.

… Lindsay Murphy – thanks for helping with my fashion sense. Without it, I maybe more lost than I already am! ;-)

… Marty Preston – you have such a kind and generous heart, my friend! Your positive attitude was always appreciated. I will always remember our date with Springsteen as a changing moment in my life ;-)

… Melissa Halliday – talk about a roller coaster ride! ;-) Oh man, you have taught me so much about a lot of things. Your passion is inspiring!

… Naomi Seifert – thanks for being such a great friend. You coming up for my marathon meant so much more than you will ever know.

… Rachel Hoover – I hope that one day you find your job at Notre Dame!

… Rachel Simnack – hopefully your Bethel degree will take you very far. Thanks so much for your constant smiles and great attitude.

… Rebecca Oswalt – thanks for the fun and unique-ness that comes with your personality. I am so glad I got to know you.

… Rich Langraf – thanks for all the sports conversations and updates! But, don’t be afraid to put your phone down every now and then ;-)

… Saint Mary’s athletics – thanks for the flexibility with my schedule! I truly hope I left the Sports Information Department better than what it was when I started.

… Sarah Buetter – your continually smile and laugh were extremely wonderful moments that I will cherish. Keep on trying to figure out what the next right things means for you.

… Silver Hawks front office – for the long, long hours and the challenge of dealing with fans, thanks for getting me to South Bend! Without the opportunity to work there, who knows where I would be headed with my life.

… Tara Willis – hopefully one day a Gilmore Girls movie will be made! Thanks for conversing about them and keeping me updated!

… Tracy Decker – I always appreciated and enjoyed our conversations (long and odd as some may have been).

… Zach Allen – look me up next time you are in L.A. Thanks for all the conversations and be sure to challenge yourself on a regular basis!

OK, the scary thing about doing a list like this is you will leave a person or a few off the list. If I forgot you, I am very sorry and please no hard feelings. I just took a risk in even putting a list like this together so hopefully it turned out well.

2 Comments:

  • It is an honor to be on this list, Stephen. I mean that wholeheartedly. Now quit making me all sappy. We have a party to get to tonight!

    By Blogger Very Sleepy Girl, at 11:02 AM  

  • Your encouragement and challenges to live in the questions has changed me and helped to shape me into who I am today. So even though I have many stories of your foot entering your mouth, I tell them with love.

    Thanks for always being someone who loves me where I'm at, but loves me enough to encourage me to be better.

    By Blogger Jeanna, at 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home