Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

GOING FOR GROCERIES

Going to the grocery store is usually a nice and relaxing experience for me. Get the food I need and maybe get something new, wait in line for a few minutes then out the door I go.

On Monday evening I definitely experienced a new kind of grocery shopping experience … This group of four people (probably late-teens, very early 20’s) were kind of loud and excited that Obama won the election. Really no problem whatsoever until they decided to smash a soup can about five feet from me. Why did they do this? I have no idea.

I actually took the time to ask and try to figure out what they were thinking. However, you cannot reason with people who have no ability to reason. So one of the individuals takes out a bull horn (yes, a bull horn!) and announces that a clean-up in aisle 10 was needed. It was at this particular moment, I decided they were either on drugs or drunk. They had way too much “odd stuff” going on to be more than just annoying and awkward.

This is where the story get most exciting. Apparently their loud antics annoyed someone while they were waiting in the check-out line. All of a sudden there is a call for security and two guys are shouting at each other about “I’m south L.A. and you don’t treat me like that”

Then you know how guys to fighting, right? There was no physical fighting but rather just a lot of yelling. Typical “guy” stuff. The rent-a-cop security did nothing but fortunately one of the guys waiting in line calmed one of the people down and after 30 seconds the excitement was over. It was interesting to watch mostly because no one decided to pull a gun and knife. THAT, would have been very bad.

Just another trip to get some groceries was over.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home