Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

BURN AFTER READING

This was one odd and obscure movie.

I was expecting something rather funny that would make me laugh through out the film but what I got was a whole lot of nothing. About half-way through the film I realized that I was watching a Cohen brothers film and a light clicked on in my head. I forgot how often times their movies can take-on a darker and cynical view of life. I wanted to laugh and enjoy the film more than I did but just couldn’t.

However there is one real redeeming quality about the film. It is a great commentary on the U.S. Intelligence Agency. In fact, it is border line brilliant it is just too bad that the movie has such an awkward and weird way of expressing that commentary.

At best, this movie is a DVD rental.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home