Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Friday, January 30, 2009

50 RANDOM THINGS ...

1) In 2001 I was the youngest General Manager in Minor League Baseball (22 years old)
2) I once went to 32 straight Notre Dame home football games
3) I have attended well over 500 professional baseball games in my life
4) Never had a good prom experience
5) I have broken four bones in my body
6) I was hit by a moving truck (actually I hit the truck) at age 9
7) My favorite movie is “A Beautiful Mind”
8) I want to ride the rapids through the Grand Canyon
9) My favorite thing to sleep with as child was a yellow blanket
10) In my opinion, U2 is the best band in the world
11) I got to meet my favorite female singer - Norah Jones - in 2007
12) I once has to pay a monthly heating bill of $215
13) Two times I have preached/taught on a Sunday morning
14) My first car was a diesel 1986 light blue Ford Tempo
15) I didn’t fly till I was 21
16) I drove my car on the highest auto road in North America (Mt. Evans, CO - 14,000+ feet)
17) I got cut three times from basketball tryouts
18) My proudest sports moment was helping lead the Donegal High School tennis team to the LL League Section II championships in 1995. The first tennis team title in 22 years at Donegal!
19) I won the 1996 Keystone State Game 18-and-under tennis title
20) I covered Virginia Tech football for two seasons for a local newspaper
21) Never held a full-time job longer than 34 months (a lot of reasons for this)
22) I have visited 14 different major league baseball stadiums
23) My favorite song is “Walking in Memphis” by Marc Cohn
24) My “love language” is gifts and acts of service
25) The hardest physical thing I have ever done is complete a marathon
26) I love muffins
27) Waves crashing on the shore is the most peaceful sound in the world
28) I believe humility is a key (if not THE key) to a quality life
29) I am the very proud owner a Masters Degree in Ministries from Bethel (Ind.) College
30) I got my bachelors degree in Media Studies from Radford (Va.) University
31) It would be fun/exciting to teach a college level class on the role of the Bible and social justice in the 21st century
32) Many Parks Curve in Rocky Mountain National Park is a personal favorite outlook of mine
33) I saw Mission: Impossible in theater 3X’s because I was clueless on the plot and conclusion
34) I have three speeding tickets
35) I gave a graduation speech in high school on courage
36) Keeping a journal is a struggle for me
37) I once stayed up for 44 straight hours
38) Been to 38 of the 50 states
39) Completed two sprint triathlons
40) I was baptized in the Pacific Ocean
41) My first concert was in sixth grade – Newsboys and DC Talk
42) I “played” the snare drum for three years
43) I only got one detention in my life
44) I hit four home runs in little league
45) Matthew 11:12 is a personal favorite
46) The last alcoholic drink I had was May 7, 2005
47) Gilmore Girls is my TV guilty pleasure
48) Chicken Fettuccine is my favorite dinner dish
49) I went to the 1999 Baseball Hall of Fame induction ceremony
50) It is better to try and fail then not try at all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home