Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Monday, January 05, 2009

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS

You know, I have been thinking about what 2009 will bring. How much control will I have in creating my year? Well, that remains to be seen. But I have a new thought on making New Year's Resolutions.

What if you took the time to evaluate your resolutions and then based them on the strengths you have? For example, a person who is an introvert should probably not make a resolution to attend a party every weekend for the next 52 weeks. Another example, a person who

There might seem to be exceptions to the rule. Like a person who wants to lose 15 pounds but doesn't like exercising should find another way to lose the weight besides exercising. Nice try but that doesn't really work.

Maybe the reason most New Year's resolutions fail is because most people just simply choose the "wrong type" of resolution. That or they just value their current results more than a "new and improved" result(s). After all, "the way you are living your life is perfect for the results you are getting. If you like your results, then don't change. But if you don't like your results, something better change."

So with that being said, here's my resolutions for 2009 by certain categories:


Character
- Love My Neighbor As Myself
- Give (at least) 51%, Take (no more) 49%

Physical
- Run 1300+ miles
- Get stronger upper body

Mental
- Read "Origin of the Species" by Darwin
- Finish 20 books by Dec. 31, 2009

Misc.
- Visit the Grand Canyon

It is much easier to measure results with the final four resolutions as opposed to the first two. However, there seems to be this internal compass that tells me whether I am achieving the necessary results for the first two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home