Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Saturday, January 03, 2009

NFL PLAYOFFS

Let the fun begin!

For the first time in long time I am very pumped up for the NFL playoffs. Granted the Dolphins are playing in the post-season for the first time in six seasons so that has certainly jacked up my interest. Man, I am so freakin' excited that Miami has done what they have done this year.

In looking back on my pre-season predictions I certainly had my fair share of solid pick and my fair so of "what was I thinking picks" as well. The top team remaining with their possibility of actually winning the Super Bowl on Feb. 1.

1) Pittsburgh 4-1
2) New York Giants 5-1
3) Carolina Panthers 5-1
4) Indy Colts 7-1
5) Tennessee Titans 8-1
6) Philadelphia Eagles 8-1
7) Atlanta Falcons 9-1
8) Baltimore Ravens 10-1
9) Miami Dolphins 15-1
10) Minnesota Vikings 15-1
11) S.D. Chargers 15-1
12) Arizona Cardinals 20-1

So with that being said, here's my fearful predictions for the Wild Card round of the playoffs
AFC

Indy Colts 31
S.D. Chargers 21
The Colts seem to always get a tough game from the Chargers. See last year's playoff game in Indy that some how the Chargers won without their three top offensive players in the second half. This year is a different story. The Colts are H-O-T and will take control of a tight game in the second half.

Baltimore Ravens 21
Miami Dolphins 13

As a Dolphins fan it is hard to pick against my team but I am so what realistic. A 'Fins win would not surprise me but I think the Ravens defense is as good as the NFL has. It's actually a good match-up for both teams but the Ravens "D" makes the difference. However, if Miami scores a non-offensive TD, it could turn the tide in favor of the Dolphins.

NFC

Philadelphia Eagles 33
Minnesota Vikings 24

Andy Reid has never lost a first-round playoff game. It won't start here since the Vikings have one player on offense who really scares you - Adrian Peterson. He could have a HUGE game but it still won't be enough as the Eagles experience wins out.

Atlanta Falcons 38
Arizona Cardinals 34

Tough game to pick. Kurt Warner has just one loss in eight games against the Falcons but Atlanta plays just enough defense. Both teams could score 40+ points but that probably won't happen.

1 Comments:

  • It was a sad night in our place when the Chargers won. :( I still think overtime in Pro is done all wrong.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home