Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

HARRY KALAS

I don't ever recall really cheering for the Phillies. Sure I grew-up less than two hours from Philadelphia but just couldn't cheer for them on game-in, game-out basis. They weren't my team and I just didn't enjoy regularly cheering for them.

I did, however, enjoy listening to Harry Kalas. He was such a joy to listen to while watching a game. For whatever reason, I recall on many occasions listening to Harry Kalas as I fell asleep on a lazy Sunday afternoon "watching" the game. He was amazing. Sometimes the voice behind the team was more recognizable then the actually team. If you heard Harry, you knew you were watching a Phillies game.

It didn't matter if the Phillies were awful (which they were most of my time living in Pennsylvania) or a World Series contender it was great listening Harry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home