Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

FROM MILE 12 ...

On Monday morning a group of people – organized by Team World Vision – got together somewhere around mile 12 of the L.A. Marathon. This was the first time I have actually watched a marathon in-person so it was a fairly unique experience.

My observations from the 2009 L.A. Marathon:

* Elite runners were cruising. It was unreal to see that in-person.
* The weather really cooperated (low 60’s and cloudy). The fears of a hot sunny day were unfounded.
* People wear really unique outfits to run in.
* The lady who gave me a hug and thanked me for the support was really sweaty!
* It was one of the fastest four hour time slots in my life.
* I will run a marathon apart of Team World Vision.
* Running must be something that really “moves me” because my voice was gone after cheering people on.
* Giving runners a ‘high 5’ instead of cheering loudly = good idea but be sure to wash your hands really hard with really warm water afterwards.
* You could really tell those who were properly trained and those who weren’t.
* Runners really did appreciate being called by name. Be sure to place name somewhere on your bib or running shirt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home