Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Thursday, January 12, 2006

DRY BOOK, GOOD QUOTE

So I'm in the process of reading this 300+ page book with small print called Mission in Acts for my Holy Spirit & Missions class. This is potenially the most "dry" book I have ever read. Yet once every 30 pages or so there's something that finally peaks my interest before my mind totally wonders off into "la-la land."

Last night before I entered that far off land with Peter Pan and Company I came across this rather interesting part:

The more we run from conflict,
The more it masters us;
The more we try to avoid it,
The more it controls us.
The less we fear conflict,
The less it confuses us;
The less we deny our differences,
The less they divide us.
- David W. Augsberger

After reading that quote I really couldn't concentrate on the next chapter of the book. While the above quote seems simple and obvious is it really put into practice? Peter Pan and "la-la land" will have to wait another night.

1 Comments:

  • I know what you mean. I ate some turkey yesterday that was so dry. I only had a moist piece every four or five bites. Then when I ate that moist bite, I couldn't concentrate on the rest of what I was eating.

    By Blogger Jonathan Anderstrom, at 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home