Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Sunday, January 08, 2006

GIFT OF GIVING

On Saturday morning countless individuals gave of their time for a few hours to take part in the fourth annual Granger Community Church food drop.

A while back somebody once told me that, "the most fulfilled people and those who are most happy on the planet are those who volunteer and give of their time." I never disbelieved this statement but wasn't sold on the idea. However, over the past few months this idea and statement has come full circle to me.

There is nothing like building into the lives of people when their isn't an agenda involved (i.e. a paycheck). Furthermore there is no business like the "people building business" - no business. There is nothing like helping to fixed a problem or conern in an individuals life or in the life of that community. Nothing.

Just take this away. During the food drop I saw more smiles, more laugher, more "alive-ness" than I have seen just about anywhere. What if we spent more of our time and energy for something bigger than ourselves.

Now that would bring fulfillment.

1 Comments:

  • I must agree...

    I always think of the song God of Justice - "We must go, live to feed the hungry, stand beside the broken, we must go!"

    By Blogger Jeanna, at 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home