Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

STUCK ON "BEDLAM"

A few weeks ago I broke down and bought James Blunt's "Back to Bedlam" CD at Target. It was only $9.99 plus tax so I gave in! (I need to stay out of the the music section.)

This CD hasn't left my player since I purchased it about five-week ago. There's something about this guy. His writing is pretty much brilliant and it's no wonder his show in Chicago sold out in less than a day. The 28 year-old has this perfect combination of David Gray, Coldplay and Damien Rice all mixed into one package. Seeing that all of those artists are some of my favorite then it really isn't a shock that I enjoyed this album.

Although the entire album is a little less than 40-minutes, it is really witty as it tackles issues like relationships, war, peace. It's almost like he is younger Bono but that guy is in a catagory all his own. Songs like "High" and "Goodbye My Lover" are brilliant. I remember hearing "Goodbye ..." while in Barnes and Noble once just browsing around and I was hooked on this guy since.

Solid album! There's a big huge drop of "F-Bomb" in the middle of "You're Beautiful" that definitely isn't on the Top 40 radio stations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home