Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Friday, May 05, 2006

FIVE YEARS AGO

I will never forget May 5, 2001. It was the day I had to enter the "real world" and graduated with my bachelor's Degree in Journalism for Radford University. Yep, that's me acting like a crazy man after hearing my name being called to the crowd.

The way that Radford did graduation was great. The entire graduating class followed behind a group of 30 or so bagpipe players down the center aisle as all kind of people were snapping pictures. For like a brief moment you felt like a rock star. That three minute walk almost makes going another four years worth while (well, maybe not)!

College is four years that I will never forget. If I had to make my college decision all over again I would choose Radford each time. I probably should have studied a lot harder but none the less I still graduated. If I would have put the same effort into studying as I did into the athletics program, I would have easily attained a perfect GPA!

I think of all the opportunities that had while at Radford. From going to the NCAA tournament with the basketball and volleyball teams, covering Virginia Tech football for two years, being a G.M. of a Minor League Baseball team, meeting some of my amazing friends and, oh yeah, classes weren't too bad! I love going back to visit. It will always be one of my favorite places in the country.

Proud to be a Radford graduate!

1 Comments:

  • LoL, I'm still not sure I've entered the "real world."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home