Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

NIKE

Last night I bought my first pair of sneakers in about 18 months. I always buy Nike. The last time I didn't wear Nike I was in 7th grade and I wore the "Magic" Johnson Converse (man, those wear great shoes)!

Anyway ... I say all this because I was heard the urban legend that the person who designed the Nike Swoosh gets $.05 for every Swoosh produced. That turned out to be a false legend. It turns out that the Swoosh was invented in 1972 by University of Portland student, Caroline Davidson who sold the design to Phil Knight for $35.00! Knight was teaching the class that Davidson was in.

And so the business genius that is Nike and Phil Knight began.

History of the Nike Swoosh

2 Comments:

  • You guys and your Nike shoes!! There are better things to life than a bunch of shoes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:41 PM  

  • haha i knew that was like too good to be true lol...interesting now i wont feel so overwhelmed when going into a sporting goods store adn trying to figure out how much the guy made on stuff in there lol.

    By Blogger Sarah B, at 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home