Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

8TH GRADE EDUCATION

I fear that I may need to start school all over. After taking a few tests to see if I could even get past the 8th grade, I am either one of two things 1) Forgetful of what I learned (if I ever learned it at all) OR 2) academically challenged at a middle school level.

Take my 8th Grade Spanish Test. I failed! I got 3 of 8 correct. Of course that being said I never took one class in Spanish so I didn't feel real worried about that test.

Moving onto the History portion of the exam. Failed Again! Holy cow! I got half of the eight questions correct!

Thankfully I redeemed myself a little bit by getting 9 of the 10 questions right during the Geography portion. After all, I was a member of the Geography Bee when I was in middle school!

Next, I didn't even try the science portion because I had to take biology twice in college to pass so taking that into account I wasn't trying science at an 8th grade level!

Fortunately I had a good finish by answering nine of the 10 math questions correctly!

So what I have learned from all of this. Academics aren't as important as you think! Life is, after all, about common sense! Why then am I getting my Masters Degree?

3 Comments:

  • Yay! I passed 8th grade science...I guess that's a good thing considering my current career choice! :) See you in a few weeks friend!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:40 PM  

  • I failed history and geography, but atleast I passes Spanish, but that may be due to the fact that I just took that class last semester.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:19 AM  

  • I only took one year of Spanish so 1 of 8 is about right. History was never my stron suite, not was Geoegraphy. History was a suprising 6 of 8 and Geo. the expected 4 of 10. In Science I swept with an impressive 8 of 8 and Math was not a suprise, 5 of 10. Good thing we know a math teacher who tutors.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home