Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Sunday, January 14, 2007

SUNDAY BLISS

If you are ever looking for a "perfect" formula for a church service, I think Mars Hill pulled it off on Sunday morning. Take one of the preachers/teachers in the country and have him talk for about 20 minutes then take a national recording artists to lead praise/worship for the remainder of the service and you have something quite amazing.

A handful of people traveled to Grand Rapids, MI amid the wintry weather mix of weather that fell the night before to experience a service with Rob Bell and David Crowder. It continues to astound me when individuals use their God given abilities and talents at the highest level. Then to be invited to be apart of that for a little over an hour is such a blessing!

Rob spoke from Psalm 71:23 with his main premise being - why sing? why praise? ...

- Because we feel like OR if we don't we might feel like it. God reigns and it's going to fine

- To put great words on our lips; there is no need for skepticism or cynicism

- Because it's like a beautiful cathedral of/in sound

- worship and praise toward God who loves the bride that is the church and she is worth it

- Things are so beautiful and true that it can only be sung in poetry

- We are redeemed because there is something bigger in God's plan that "me" and "I"

After Rob's talk the packed house inside the sanctuary just flat out worship with David Crowder for the next 40 minutes or so. It was absolutely beautiful, amazing, chilling, etc. ... It was just something that I will look back on and smile for years to come.

They led us in "Here is Our King" "You are My Joy" "I saw the Light" (w/ Banjo) "No One Like You" "O Praise Him" plus a few others that I can't remember specifically. It was, once again, absolutely awesome.

1 Comments:

  • I gotta agree...it was truly amazing! I loved hearing all the voices joining together during amazing grace - there's just something about it...

    By Blogger Jeanna, at 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home