Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

YOUR WORLD

The other day I sat and watched Five for Fighting's new video for the song "World" and it really got me thinking more than normal. (fyi -- it's the same song that was used for the food drop video Corey did a few weeks ago)

There's a constant line in the song that keeps asking the question "What Kind of World Do You Want" and I think it's a legit questions and, in fact, a necessary one. If you want to see the video or just hear the lyrics -- Here

I started mulling over some of these questions (just sampling) --
Do I know what kind of world I want?
Can good things happens if I don't know what I want?
What Kind of World Does God want?
How can that happen?

Then I thought about these verses in Ephesians 4:21-25 --
Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

So how are we being made new in our attitude through God so that we are living in righteousness and holiness in creating that world that is righteous?

"History Starts Now"

2 Comments:

  • That song is a great song and it poses an important question in it. It always makes me think!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:46 AM  

  • Been thinking a lot about this myself lately...

    By Blogger Jeanna, at 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home