Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

GARDEN STATE

For some odd reason I have been having conversations with people over the last month or so revolving around the movie Garden State. Not sure how it has come up but, there have been about a dozen instances of this movie in talking with people. (Trailer)

Seeing that I own the movie I decided to watch it on Tuesday after I got home from work and while eating dinner. What a brilliant, yet odd, movie. It was only the second time I watched it all the way through but I was totally engrossed with the story. Certainly there are some unnecessary parts of the movie but as a whole it's great.

There are some really great lines from the movie, some thought provoking and others dumb, and just wanted to share a few --

"If you can't laugh at yourself, life's gonna seem a whole lot longer than you like."

"So uh, I gotta go bury this hamster before the dogs eat him... You wanna help?"

And lastly, my favorite part of the movie --

Sam - You're in it right now, aren't you?
Andrew Largeman - What?
Sam - My mom always says that, when she can see I'm like working something out in my head, she's like, 'you're in it right now' and I'm looking at you're telling this story, and you're definitely in it.

1 Comments:

  • You didn't mention the "good luck exploring the infinte abyss" line. that's definitely my favorite...when they're standing in the rain wearing black trashbags. that's a classic.

    not to mention the fact that garden state has one of the best movie sountracks created in this decade...maybe even in this century!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home