Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

NEW FINDING

I was looking around the book of Leviticus the other day and came across this passage and just wanted to share ...

Leviticus 25:25-28 (NIV)

If one of your countrymen becomes poor and sells some of his property, his nearest relative is to come and redeem what his countryman has sold. If, however, a man has no one to redeem it for him but he himself prospers and acquires sufficient means to redeem it, he is to determine the value for the years since he sold it and refund the balance to the man to whom he sold it; he can then go back to his own property. But if he does not acquire the means to repay him, what he sold will remain in the possession of the buyer until the Year of Jubilee. It will be returned in the Jubilee, and he can then go back to his property.

This "Year of Jubilee" that is spoken of through out the entire chapter got me on a little bit of a search and I am definately still searching for what it really meant. Something about every 49 years and storing crops. Fairly interesting, at least to me.

Regardless of whether or not I complete understand this Jubilee idea, these four verses hold a lot of value to me and helping people who are living an "sub-human" life in bringing them back to fair and proper standards of living a fully human exsistance.

1 Comments:

  • From the research I have heard there was never a year of jubile

    By Blogger Ryan, at 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home