Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

JESUS CAMP

(I'm not sure what I'm about to type but here I go ...)

I have you ever watched something and after you were done watching it you were just numb? Yet, you couldn't figure out why you were numb. After watching Jesus Camp, that's pretty much how I felt.

When I first saw the trailer for this documentary a few months back I was sort of ill but very intrigued to what this film was all about. It was so bizarre that I can't even totally figure out what was going on as I watched it. It was the weird mix of spreading the gospel but doing it with some sort of "brain washing" method.

There is one question I keep asking myself after watching this film - "is this what Jesus had in mind when He called people to make disciples?" I feel like the answer is a very strong 'no' but how far off are these camp directors in making disciples? The age focus of gathering pre-teen children might be the right age group but the radical nature of their method is terrifying. The moment the camp director had them pray in tongue is when I got a little leery (actually very leery!).

At the end of film when Ted Haggard showed up I can't even describe the peculiar nature of what I felt. I'm so glad that I wasn't raised a pentecostal.

I do remember thinking at the end of the film - "I wonder what these children will be doing in 8-10 years." That would be a very interesting documentary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home