Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Saturday, August 25, 2007

BRAGGING RIGHTS

I wish that I had pictures to share this monumental event! On Saturday morning a group of seven guys got together to celebrate the end of Andy Gregar's bachelor-hood at Tradewinds restaurant in Mishawaka.

The place is known for their all you can eat pancake breakfast for just under $6.00. Thinking that my 6-1, 168 pound frame had little to offer against the "competition" I found myself more than just hanging with the "heavy weights" of the crew.

Somehow and in someway I managed to polish off six pancakes (rather large ones I might add) to go along with my two scrambled eggs and five strips of bacon. Yes, I claimed victory by one pancake over the soon to be married Andy Gregar! The bragging rights were mine. For a brief moment I was transformed back to my days in Senior High Youth Group when I knocked down 14 pieces french toast during our annual winter retreat! I still have my eating prowess more than 10 years after my first eating competition.

Although I would be remised if I didn't note that my metabolism was working ultra-fast during the morning after completing a 9.75 mile run earlier in the day. Just a minor detail!

3 Comments:

  • LOL. Great post Stephen! Sounds like you guys had a great time and I know Andrew was REALLY glad you could make it!!

    Oh.. and congrats for being the heavy weight of the day! I know the boys were impressed! :D

    Hope to see you soon! Have a blessed week!

    By Blogger Jen, at 5:46 AM  

  • "Earlier that day"?!? We met at 9:30! You make me sick... sick with Pandaquakes...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:50 PM  

  • Maybe eating all that food in India was preparing you for the Pandaquake Challenge! You never know how God can work... ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home