Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

OFF AND RUNNING

Running is hard. Some days are better than others when I'm out pounding the pavement but to get better (i.e. faster) takes a lot of effort.

Quite simply, running is hard day-after-day. Yet, I am throwing that notion out the window during the first few days of September after signing up for three different races in a 15 day stretch. I'm actually fairly curious to see how my body reacts to what I am about to do it.

Sept. 3
15K (9.3 miles)
Blueberry Stomp in Plymouth, IN
Goal: 1:15:00

Sept. 8
Mighty Mississinewa Triathlon
(500 meter swim, 16 mile bike, 4 mile run)
Goal: Not sure yet. Probably 1:30:00

Sept. 15
10K (6.2 miles)
Salmon Chase in South Bend, IN
Goal: 0:50:00

While running is often hard, I have developed a problem with it. I'm slightly addicted to it (that and the "free" t-shirt that comes with running races). I guess there are worse things to be addicted to. If anyone wants to join me in these ventures (spectator, fellow runner, etc.) please feel free. I may need someone to drag me across the finish line.

2 Comments:

  • Hey, we should run a 5k somewhere between SB and GR sometime. I think I'm going to do one on Nov 3rd in K-zoo.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:10 PM  

  • Re: the triathlon--you're not coming to the wedding?? :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home