Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Saturday, September 15, 2007

SALMON CHASE - 10K

Best race I've ever run.

Slowly but surely I am starting to get used to running these races. I felt good the entire race and the mostly flat course and cooler temperatures helped in running the race in 44:55. I was just trying to run the thing in less than 48 minutes. I really didn't think running something in less than 45 minutes was possible. Now I have all these delusions of grandeur.

During the entire course I kept looking at my watch and couldn't believe the time I was running. It almost felt like the course wasn't measured correctly but apparently it was. I know that I have never run a 7:15 mile pace for six miles so do it that for the first time was a great sense of accomplishment.

I finished fourth in the 25-29 age group and was 40 seconds (which is actually a long time in a 10k) away from placing third. It would have been nice to get third because the top three got medals. Oh well, something to work towards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home