Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Friday, October 19, 2007

THANKS JOE!

Dear Mr. Torre,

I appreciate all the effort you put in while managing the New York Yankees. My favorite sports team in the whole world. I wish it didn't have to end.

Even though the 1996 World Series seems like a distant memory to some people, still remember where I was when Charlie Hayes caught the final out in foul terrority in game six victory against the Braves.

The 1998 season was a personal favorite. The David Well perfect game, the 114-win regular season, the sweep of the Padres in the World Series (I was an idiot riding around a broom in the hallway of my dorm after game 4) it was a great time!

I remember where I was when Derek Jeter became "Mr. November" and then a few nights later watching my beloved Yankees dynasty come to an end on a Luis Gonzelez bloop single.

From Aaron Boone's home run in game seven of the 2003 ALCS to the epic collapse of your squad in the same round the following season I enjoyed every moment you managed my team.

While there are Yankees fans who may cheer harder and be more a devote follower of the Bronx bombers, there may not be a fan out there who appreciates the blue collar, high character effort you brought to the team every day for the last 12 years.

THANK YOU MR. TORRE!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home