Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Thursday, May 22, 2008

BAYSHORE MARATHON

My first attempt at 26.2 miles is here. Bayshore Marathon here I come!

During my final taper run of two miles this morning I couldn't help but think about the fact that the next time I start my wristwatch it is going at the start line of a marathon. Seriously a marathon?!? What was I thinking?

This seemed like a really cool idea when I first signed up but the level of nerves and excitement in my bones is becoming tough to handle. There may not be an event in my life that I am looking forward to but dreading all the same. Although, it is mostly excitement.

Most of the fear comes from the unknown of what the last few miles will look like and how my body will respond. My two 20-mile training runs could have been better but I was able to complete them. Yet, as fearful as it is in my mind there is so much joy that comes to my mind when I think about overcoming whatever comes my way on Saturday morning.

My goal is to have a good time and enjoy the experience regardless of the time that I post. Would I love to run a time that would qualify for the Boston Marathon? Sure I would, but whatever time I put up on the board I just want to make sure I had fun doing it and gave it the best effort I could.

Here's the quote I'm going with -- "You have never been better prepared to start and finish a marathon as you are today!"

1 Comments:

  • Go, Stephen!

    Is there something to say to runners before a marathon, like "Break an ankle"???

    By Blogger Very Sleepy Girl, at 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home