Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

NARROW STAIRS

Not that I didn't like Death Cab for a Cutie before their most recent album, but after the release of "Narrow Stairs" I am officially a big fan.

I think the best way to describe this album is with this phrase - Creatively Creepy. Most of the lyrics on this album revolve around some sort of relationship and, well, you can draw you conclusions as to what they are singing about. But each song is crafted with a certain amount of care and organization that is just about brilliant.

The first single "I Will Posses Your Heart" has a 4 1/2 minute intro before you hear any lyrics. Kind of odd but it just seems to work. The song has a level of creepiness to it but it's just a smartly crafted song just like all 10 on the album.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home