Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Thursday, May 15, 2008

QUESTION PT. 3

(Since finishing Donald Millers first book, I have been really thinking about some of the thoughts and ideas he presented. So, let's journey with some of those questions - see Pt. 1, see Pt. 2)

How does it look when I try to dance with God? Sloppy, toes hurting, close or distant, grateful, painful …

In some odd way everyone wants to be a good dancer for at least one moment in their life. I am convinced of this. Some fathers want to be a good dancer for their daughter's wedding, there are numerous high schoolers who want to be perfect for their prom while others just want four minutes of peaceful bliss.

But what would it look like if we tried to dance with God everyday? How in rhythm would we be with how he is trying to lead? Of course, the problem might be we are trying to lead. Some how we have concluded that we know what is best for our life. That would be the wrong way to dance with God.

Years ago Martina McBride how this really cool song called, "I Hope You Dance" and it was an absolutely beautiful piece written to her two daughters. OK, maybe I'm trying to hard in trying to explain myself but that song is perfect in so many ways about what God wants for us. He wants us to dream, to risk, to love, to view beauty, to ...

I just got to believe that God wants us to enjoy our dance with Him. Shoot, God just wants us to dance with Him and not leave Him on the sidelines. Hopefully we are trying to dance.

1 Comments:

  • I like that song too, and I really like this blog for so many reason. Hope you don't mind, I'm gonna link it.

    By Blogger Very Sleepy Girl, at 1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home