Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Friday, July 25, 2008

GOOD BYE SOUTH BEND

For nearly six years I have called South Bend, IN home. After less than four months here I was ready to be done with this place and ready to board the first plane, train, car out of this town. Somehow I was able to stick out those first few months and soon after, bigger things were in the works.

* The entire Silver Hawks experience
* Masters Degree
* Notre Dame athletics
* Marathon
* Granger Commmunity Church
* Preaching/Teaching
* Coaching @ Saint Mary's
* Visits to Chicago
* Center for the Homeless
* India
* ... and, of course, the amazing people

I believe I played like a champion during this chapter of my life. I have failed, succeeded, made mistakes and learned from them. Aside from a few really, really bad winter days it has been a great experience to be apart of this community.


Whatever the next chapter of my life holds, I certainly owe a lot of it to how my experiences in South Bend have molded me into the person I have become and becoming. Sometimes we are called to do things that are uncomfortable and very risky and this next challenge and chapter of my life is just that. None the less, I am stepping forward with a teachable spirit and an excitement that will help others around me as I try to be apart of something bigger than me. Here's to hoping that a continued search for the next right thing advances God's Kingdom.

Thanks for the fun times South Bend, IN and until next time ...

2 Comments:

  • Yep, you did play like a champion during your season of life in South Bend. You'll never realize the sphere you're influence had.

    Rock LA Stephen.

    By Blogger Jeanna, at 11:07 AM  

  • Sorry I missed your party. Keep this number handy for randomness....574-485-7520.

    By Blogger Corey Mann, at 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home