Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Friday, July 04, 2008

WONDER & AWE

Last Sunday I went to Willowcreek with the family and Nancy Beech did the teaching for the service. They are in the middle of a series called "toward wonder" and here are some really brilliant thoughts that captured me:

*Where has the curiosity and wonder gone? On average a kid asks 125 questions a day while adults asks just six (Just SIX!!) a day.

* How has routine and settling for the safe and normal ruined our ability to wonder, to inspire, to be in awe?

* So what makes you wonder?

I love the sight of ______________

I love the smell of ______________

I love the feel of _______________

I love the sound of _____________

These are excellent questions that most people probably don't ask enough. Image what your life would look like if you just "soaked in" each moment and enjoy the beauty and wonder that is all around us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home