Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Friday, June 27, 2008

L.A BOUND ... PART II

I think that I have told everyone that "needs to know" but just wanted to post a few thoughts about the whole thing. If I didn't tell you and you felt you should have found out through me rather than the blog, please accept my apologies!

So at the end of July I'm packing up whatever I can into my CRV and making the 2100 miles journey to Los Angeles. Anyone wanted to buy some cool baseball memorabilia not to mention some other random things from my apartment?

For seemingly two years I have pondered what living out in southern California would look like. I have thought out every pro and con possible. So many things have aligned to make this move possible. I have a place to stay, I have funds in place, I have finished my masters degree, my lease is complete, etc. The only thing that makes the move a little scary is I have no job.

Do I wish that I had a job secured before I went out there? Sure I do but you can't make a difference in the world with taking action steps. Thinking is good and all but without action it really doesn't matter (see James 2:20-26, the Abraham story is something that has constantly been running through my head).

If I don't have a job secured before I move out there, that's the first thing I will get done. You know, it is kind of important! ;-) ... After that, I am really excited to get back along the skid row area. Whether that means as a volunteer or an employee, there's something about helping out in that area that advances God's Kingdom.

I am almost 30 years old and I feel like my life is really starting to begin. By no means do I feel like the first 29 years didn't mean anything. Man, I have learned so much over that time but something feels so much more exciting about this move than anything else I have done. With that excitement it may mean failure or maybe amazing success but either way I am committed to keeping a teach-able and hopefully a humble spirit.

1 Comments:

  • Stephen,

    Seeing this picture of you made me think you could start off at In-n-Out until you find something else. :)

    I'll pass on the baseball memorabilia, but may have interest in other things. Let me know how I can see what you got! Thanks!

    By Blogger Very Sleepy Girl, at 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home