Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Friday, August 22, 2008

HELLO CALTECH

Say hello to the newest employee of one of the best universities in the nation! Needless to say at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday morning was a good moment. It was a big burden off my back to finally get offered a job. And a really good job at that.

After searching through 150 or applicants and two interviews, the powers that be in the public events office at Caltech decided to offer me the position. For a while I actually forgot my official title (oops!) but it is "Ticket Office Customer Service Coordinator"

The university puts on 50-70 public events like a lecture or concert series through the school year and I am one of the key players in helping to organize those events. The job really plays to my skills that I learned with the South Bend Silver Hawks and at Saint Mary's.

I get to work at one amazing university in one of my favorite places in the country (I love Pasadena!). There's is no doubting that I am a very fortunate and blessed person. This scenario in getting this job is almost beyond belief. There are so many people that come to L.A. in the same manner as I did and work for months (if not years) to get a really good job. Yet somehow it took me just three weeks. Yes, I am extremely grateful!!

It's a stable job with amazing benefits and I will get to work with some really great people. Plus I will get to meet some really amazing people. There are so many positives with this position and it's a great way to start this next chapter of my life.

Lastly, I will be able to volunteer along skid row. That is, obviously, a very important of how I am wired and if I couldn't do than I would not have taken this position. There is also a very good homeless center in Pasadena I will devote some time to as well.

Advancing the Kingdom ...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home