Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

2008 WORLD SERIES

I've been exactly half right on my playoff predictions so far. Hopefully this one will put me over .500 for playoff predicting. Not that Vegas puts odds on World Series match-ups to start the season but I'd be willing to say that this combination of teams was about a 5,000-to-1 chance (at best). This far fetched match-up should make for some good drama.

Phillies vs. Rays


Starting Pitching - Rays
Relief Pitching - Phillies
Starting Line-Up - Rays
Bench Players - Phillies
Defense - Rays
Player Experience - Phillies
Managers - Rays

The one thing that I think the Phillies have going against them is this long lay-off. Waiting a week to play a game usually doesn't equal success in the playoffs. Your timing is off as a hitter and pitchers are creatures of habit so not pitching every five days can mess you up. This whole lay-off thing is the "X Factor" in my very humble opinion.

On the flip side the Rays are coming off a VERY emotion seven game series against Boston. Did those seven games put too much wear and tear on them or will it build confidence and only increase their momentum? The Rays seem to be a destiny.

Rays in Six.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home