Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Monday, October 27, 2008

MOVIE REVIEWS

I watched an unusually high volume of movies on DVD this weekend - 2. (Hey, that's a lot for me!) Two movies that I've wanted to see for a few months.

Wall:E – It was a perfect setting to watch the movie. One of the student groups at USC set-up a large movie screen on one of the campus quads with free cookies. I must say that watching it outside was a perfect experience.

The movie is amazing and it really should get some sort of consideration for a best picture Oscar. It’s really that good. One of the best, if not the best, animated movies ever made. In fact, it is listed as the 32nd best movie ever on imdb.com. You almost forgot that it was animated because the story line is perfect. It is a perfect script and it is a brilliant commentary on society. From the relational needs we all have to the lazy nature of the western world. It was great! I HIGHLY recommend this movie to anyone at any age level.

Spirit of the Marathon – This documentary came out several months ago in a few theaters on a few nights. Needless to say it was hard to get my schedule to align with a showing. I am kind of glad that I finished a marathon before watching it. I felt like I was put through all those emotions once again. From the absolute insanity of just entering one to the training then, of course, the drama and excitement of race. I was cheering for the six individuals like it was all happening live instead of three years ago when it was filmed.

If you ever have any interest in running, please take 90 minutes and watch! It's so motivating and yet so insane to watch all the same.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home