Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Monday, December 08, 2008

UNIQUE RUNNING

Over the past few weeks I have experienced three unique running events that may never happen to me again.

1) The weekend of Thanksgiving I was up at Big Bear Lake to do some relaxing. It’s an absolutely beautiful place to visit. I was most excited to do a run around a portion of the lake during my visit. The small town is home to U.S. Olympic Marathoner Ryan Hall so I wanted to “tap into” whatever aurora he personality has. I mean, if an Olympian runs up there, then there has to be some sort of extra energy, right? Anyway, it was an absolutely breath taking run (and it wasn’t because I was running at 6,500 feet). The lake, the mountains, the general scenery was amazing for those nine miles.

2) Last Tuesday (Dec. 2) I was doing a normal 4.5 mile run through Pasadena on an overcast, damp morning. I run through a puddle and feel something on the back of my right leg. Thinking it was just some water, I continue running for another two minutes. I still feel something on my right leg. Not wanting to stop running, I swipe my right left with my hand. What I grabbed was slime. What I grabbed was a worm. A worm!! Some how it got attached to my right calf when going through the puddle. Let me tell you, it was quite a slimy experience.

3) On Saturday morning (Dec. 6) was doing a 10.5 mile long run at a very simple pace. During the middle 3.1 miles it takes to run around the Rose Bowl in the counter-clockwise manner I was running, I passed by a runner who was going clockwise around the Rose Bowl three times! Three Times we passed each other! Granted my 8:00/minute pace was a little slower than normal but this guy was hauling it around the Rose Bowl. Three Times in just a 5K loop! During that third time I saw him I felt really slow in that moment then I realized that I was watching someone run REALLY fast; and I was jealous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home