Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Friday, January 09, 2009

26.2 MILES, PART 2

So I got this e-mail the other day in my inbox:

Dear Stephen,

Congratulations! You are now registered for Big Sur International Marathon. Please check the event's official website for updates: http://www.bsim.org/

Thank you for choosing a Big Sur International Marathon event, we look forward to seeing you the last weekend in April. Please take a minute to visit our website at
www.bsim.org for detailed information on all our events, travel and lodging information, a virtual tour of the course and photo gallery, our merchandise, our online community, and much more. We will stay in touch throughout the year via blast e-mails and our quarterly newsletter.

So, here I go again! I'm very excited about it and I have learned from my first attempt back in May. I think my favorite part of registering for the Big Sur was signing off on this disclaimer:

"I understand the Big Sur Marathon is physically strenious ... I nevertheless wish to compete ..."

Doesn't that sound a little scary? Of course, it sounds like a good challenge too!!

If anyone is around the Carmel, CA area on April 26 feel free to stop somewhere along the Pacific Coast Highway and cheer on all the runners. Doesn't this look so beautiful and amazing:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home