Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Monday, April 20, 2009

RADFORD TENNIS

In the fall of 1997 I tried out for the Radford tennis team. While I never played one match as an official member of the Radford tennis team, I take a lot of pride in knowing that Coach Anderson allowed me to make the team after the try out.

But some stupid rule created by the NCAA kept me from actually participating on the team. You see, the NCAA took your SAT score and if it wasn't high enough, you weren't allowed to compete as a freshman. In some ways not playing college tennis was a good thing but in other ways, it was frustrating.

Anyway, I digress ... Coach Anderson, now in his 14th year as head coach, ALWAYS made me feel apart of the team while I was a student at Radford and still makes me feel apart of the squad as an alum. I say all this because on Sunday the Highlanders won their third straight Big South Conference championship! Once again, I am a proud alum!


They will, once again, participate in the NCAA Tournament. Here's to hoping they can pull of an upset!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home