Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Thursday, June 04, 2009

WHO'S ROUTINE!?!

Years ago someone told me that I like routine and I was like, “really, routine? No way!”

However, I think there might be some truth this whole routine thing. Here’s a sampling of a few categories that might prove I enjoy routine.

FOOD – I find myself going to the grocery store buying almost the exact same thing every time. I tell myself that I will try something different this time but as I browse the various aisles, nothing really exciting comes to my attention that I need to purchase. My dinners are almost always the same and I am just fine with that. And I eat the breakfast for dinner every Wednesday night (Egg Sandwich, 2 Ego Waffles – a nice guilty pleasure).

EXERCISE – This is a bad one. I do not like exercise outside the morning hours. When I wake-up the first I want to do is exercise. I have tried to go through period of afternoon or evening exercise but don’t like it. If I am running the roads are most empty in the morning and the same thing is true if I go to the gym to ride a stationary bike or something. Less people = more efficient exercise.

READING – I read at all times of day but I enjoy reading when I can devote at least 30 minutes to it. I can’t read for 10 minutes then do something else for a few minutes then get back into reading. Just can’t do it. I’ve tried.

DEAL SHOPPER – Finding the best deal before I buy just about anything is more of way of life then routine. Coupon shopping is the way to go. I almost always Google for coupons before going to a specific store. One of the best parts of living in Pasadena – the $.99 store. Seriously, I had my big doubts before I started checking out what they had and you can really get some good deals. However, there are some really bad things to watch out for!

So with all that being said, I don’t mind trying new thing at all. In fact, I like new things. Maybe, it could be argued that once I find something new I like it just becomes apart of the routine? Who knows? Does it really matter? Maybe everyone has at least a little “routine” in them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home