Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

CONCERT DVD

For whatever reason it seems that one of every five of my posts talks about either U2 or Bruce Springsteen in some way, shape or form. So here's another. If you consider yourself a fan of one of these two musical talents you have to (I repeat - Have To!) get one of the following:

After I stop kicking myself for not going to any of their four shows while they were in Chicago this past year, I was absolutely memorized by the Vertigo Tour DVD. It is full of amazing footage with jaw-dropping moments. The two-hour set is like nothing I have ever seen from a concert. The acoustic version of "Yahwah" is worth the cost. Man, I wish I could have been there. I need to see this group in-person!


With the 30th Anniversary boxset of "Born to Run" it includes the two-plus hour concert from London's Hammersmith Odeon in November 1975. It was Springsteen's first concert overseas. The footage is rough but the set and the performance are amazing. He is a rare performer who just gives a killer effort with the E-Street Band. Clarence Clemons on the saxophone is knock out!

1 Comments:

  • ok.. if U2 is ever in Chicago again.. or ANYWHERE in a 3 hour driving radius(give or take) we should totally go! I too am kicking myself for not trying to go when they were in chicago.. but man, it's not like getting tickets to their shows is a slice of cake :-p I know a gal here at work who I think has been to about 5 of their shows. amazing. so question... do you personally own this verdigo dvd? and if so, would you be willing to share it for a week or so??!
    We've missed ya stephen. Will be good to see you again soon.

    By Blogger Jen, at 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home