Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Thursday, December 29, 2005

ALBUMS OF THE YEAR

A banner year for my musical collection. I don't believe there has ever been a year in which I bought so many CD's. Just a lot of good stuff to purchase and these I consider must have's --

AMOS LEE -"Amos Lee" - Still a virtual unknown but his first full-length is absolutely outstanding. For anyone who enjoys jazz mixed in with a little blues this album is for you.

COLDPLAY - "X&Y" - A must have. There's not really a bad song on the thing and definately a few that stick out like, "Til Kingdom Come" and "Fix You"

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN - "Devil's and Dust" - Very creative lyrics. The title track is awesome. "Jesus was an Only Son" is rather interesting. Still processing most of the album.

SWITCHFOOT - "Nothing is Sound" - Probably my favorite album of the year. After not liking it after the first listen I couldn't stop listening to it. I still can't take it out of my CD player.

DAVID GRAY - "Life in Slow Motion" - Great album. Some of the best stuff that you will probably never hear on main stream radio.

GREEN DAY - "American Idiot" - As someone once said, "Punk with a message. Wow!" The lyrics to each song are unreal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home